1. The purchase of GCode License Key is non-refundable.
2. Includes updates for one year.
The license key for the LightBurn software is intended for users with GCode and many other digital controllers. It unlocks the trial version of the software for permanent use and allows installation on up to two PCs (Windows 32/64-bit, Mac OSX or Linux).
System languages: Czech, German, Spanish, Finnish, French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Turkish, English, etc.
Is it a subscription?
- No. You pay once, the software will work forever as long as you have your license key.
How many computers can I use it on?
- The license lets you use the software on up to two computers at once, they don't have to use the same operating system, and a license can be easily moved if you get a new computer. If you need to use 3 computers, we'll happily update your license to allow it, for free - just email email@example.com with your license key and ask for a 3rd seat. If you need more seats or a floating license setup, we can do that too - contact us for pricing and details.
Does the license expire?
- The license key has an expiry date - a year from when you first activate it. When it expires, it's still valid, you just don't get updates anymore. If you download a version of the software released after your license expires, it won't work, but any version released before the key expired will continue to work.
Please note that the two-computer limit doesn't mean you can only install the software twice - the license system in LightBurn keeps track of which computers you have the key installed on. If you get a new computer and want to move the license to it, just deactivate the old computer first. In LightBurn, go to Help > License Management, and click the Deactivate button. That will remove the old computer from your license, and then you can install the license on the new machine. If you ever have a hard disk fail, or sell a computer, we can remove the computer from the license for you, as long as we have your license key.
If you would like to transfer LightBurn to a new computer, and still have access to the old computer, you can deactivate it using these instructions: https://lightburnsoftware.com/pages/moving-your-license-to-a-new-computer
If you don't have access to the computer, we have a customer-facing license portal that anyone can use to manage license activations. There are instructions for getting access here: https://lightburnsoftware.com/pages/manage-your-license-activations-with-the-license-portal
If you purchased your LightBurn license from another company, we'll need to assign your name & email to your license key. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your key, name, and email and we can do this for you.